Navigation


I have moved to http://www.swisstemples.com. This blog here will not be updated anymore. See you there!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Theories

Prostaglandin/fatty acids chart

This one actually isn't a theory but a visual representation of what happens to Prostaglandins, how they're formed and what precursors and metabolites they have. I colored their effects on hair like this: red = bad for hair, green = good for hair, orange = neutral/not categorized yet. This too is a work in progress and was made by me for my own sanity since most charts on the internet are an absolute nightmare and very far from being complete. I will eventually expand it when I find some time. I'm sure this is going to be a gigantic help to anyone trying to get to know the biological chains and effects behind Prostaglandins.

I suggest you download the chart and view it in an image viewer since it's quite big (2698x2104 pixels).





This section is still a work in progress

3 comments:

  1. Hi Selim, thank you so much for all your time spend in this blog and the great information shared with us.
    What you think about Omega 3? Is good or bad for hair? EPA/DHA will lower the PGE2 production using the same pathway COX1/2?
    Do you increased the amount of Omega 6 ingested to optimize the production of PGE2? What is the minimum recommended? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omega 3 is a precursor but it doesn't really have an effect on the balance of harmful vs good prostaglandins. Same thing with Omega 6. You can't affect it through diet or supplements. We need to use targeted chemicals that attack further down the chain.

      Delete